Apply | Getting STARted | STA-Team | STArt Week | Financial Aid | Open House |
Tuition | Freshman Curriculum | International Students | Campus | Viewbook
St. Teresa’s Academy reviews and accepts applications for international students during the traditional admission cycle, with admission being granted for the beginning of the academic year. We do not accept international students mid-year. St. Teresa’s only accepts international students through our partnered agencies.*
Decisions on international applicants will be based on:
- English Proficiency
- Previous Academic Merit
- Availability of Space within the Class
International students are expected to remain enrolled at St. Teresa’s Academy for the duration of their high school careers, continuing through graduation. Students will be notified by May 1st of their acceptance.
St. Teresa’s will process the I-20 paperwork for all international applicants after they have been accepted and are registered. It is the sole responsibility of the international applicant to schedule necessary appointments within their home country to obtain a student F1 visa.
* Students requesting admission mid-year or outside an agency will be reviewed if the international family has recently transitioned to the United States or plans to move to the United States due to employment. Families will need to present documentation of this transition.
- Tuition - $17,000 for the 2020-2021 school year
- Registration Fee: $350 (pay online)
- Comprehensive/Technology Fee*: $900 (due July 10, pay online)
- Athletics Fee: $325 per student/per sport, if participating (pay online)
*The Comprehensive Fee includes the following items and more: Dell Latitude 7400 2-in-1 Laptop and case, textbooks, software systems for classroom support, computer and network-related hardware, printing and associated equipment/paper, and standardized testing.
INTERNATIONAL STUDENT APPLICATION PROCESS
Part I: All application materials must be RECEIVED by March 1.
- Complete the International Student Application for admission and submit it electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Request that official high school transcripts be sent from all high schools attended and copies translated into English.
-St. Teresa’s Academy, Attn: Barbara McCormick, 5600 Main Street, Kansas City, MO 64113 USA
- Submit scores from the TOEFL test to the address above. Recommended score would be between 85-95.
The TOEFL test may be taken in the student’s home country.
- Submit a copy of the student's passport.
Part II: Upon review and receipt of items from Part I of the application process, prospective international students may be asked to continue with Part II. Students will be contacted directly through email to complete these items.
- Submit two letters of recommendation from a Core Teacher. Letters need to be written or already interpreted into English.
- Schedule an interview through Skype or FaceTime.
Part III: Students will be notified via email of their enrollment offer.
- Submit registration fee of $350 to begin F-1 Visa processing.
- Submit enrollment deposit as stated in enrollment offer: 25% of total tuition.
- Complete New Student Paperwork.
All admission documents must be submitted electronically to the Academic Administration Office at email@example.com.